About The Author
Curriculum Vitae for Academics
Few people have as diverse a background as the author in the many keys areas of peace economics: politics, math, science, engineering, business, accounting, education, and even wargaming:
Received a doctorate from Edgewood College in Educational Leadership. His dissertation was entitled "Peace Economics in Peace Studies Programs."
Served as a faculty member at Lakeland College in Wisconsin
Professor on an international radio station, Radio For Peace
"Weather, Wealth and Wars" class was on "University of the Air" Spring
1997 and Winter 1998 (combined my military spending and global warming cycle theories)
Education Department, Peace Economics class taught three times, University of Oregon 1987-89
Accountant, MBA Oregon State University,
CPA 1993 Wisconsin
two companies with eleven retail dry cleaning stores.
degree UW-Madison; five honor societies (4 UW, 1 OSU); at the time it was the 3rd ranked electrical engineering program in the nation.
highest test score in college classes (29 UW, 14 OSU)
Party Chair of Oregon Congressional District 4 and Member of State Executive Committee 1982-87, Wrote State of Oregon Delegate Selection Plan for 1984 (later my plan elected Jesse Jackson delegate), Elected Delegate to National Convention 1984, Selected for Electoral College Slate in 1984, Ran for U.S. Senate 1990, Invited to Presidential Inauguration in 1993.
writing on Peace Economic concepts since 1985
Strategist: top ranked player in the nations largest wargaming club during college years. Expert on World War II military history.
Who in the World
in 3000 has my math aptitude. Developed Pythagorean theorem, Trapezoidal rule and Binomial
Expansion theory in school before being taught those theories. My global warming and economic theories are a
logical extension of this talent.
Recent Academic Conference Presentations:
Hurricanes, Droughts, and the Global War Cycle, World Futures Society, Chicago, July 20, 2013
Health Problems of Empire, Curiosity Fest, High Noon Saloon, Madison, May 30, 2013 (non-academic)
Empire Economics Business Implications, PRESENTATION EXCELLENCE AWARD, Academic Business World International Conference, Nashville, TN, May 22, 2013
Hard Economics Curriculum, International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education, Nashville, TN, May 22, 2013. (ICLAHE.org)
Hurricanes, Droughts, and the Global War Cycle, Geological Information Systems, April 25, 2013
Peace Economics, Banquet and Two Classes, Youngstown State University, March 25, 2013
Murder and the Military, Justice Studies May 30, 2012
Major War Cycle Peace and Justice Studies Association, October 21, 2011
How Temperature and Military Spending Change World History,
Midwest World History Association Conference, September 17, 2011.
Social Decay of Empire in the United States,
Identity and Community after the Cold War Era, Kansas U. CREES, August 26, 2011.
Creating a Curriculum for Peace Economics, The International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education, Nashville, TN, May 25, 2011. (ICLAHE.org)
The Long Economic Cycle of 55 Years: Origin, Operation, and Relationship to Climate Change and War, Academic Business World International Conference, Nashville, TN, May 25, 2011.
Peace Economics, Peace and Justice Studies Association, October 1, 2010.
Peace Economics in Peace Studies, Peace and Justice Studies Association, October 9, 2009.
The Political Economy of Military Spending and the Midwest, Illinois Political Science Assn., Eastern Illinois, November 9, 2008.
Social Decay of Empire and the University, KnowPol, Bergen, Norway August 24, 2007.
Exploiting the Midwest to Further Empire, International Social Theory Conference,
Virginia Tech, May 19, 2006.
The Midwest's Role in the Military Economy, Hawaii Internatl. Business Conf. May 27, 2006.
Using ExpertClick.com I began weekly press releases since December 2013; 75,000 views so far. My academic conference presentations list is about 50 including a banquet in my honor in March 2013, a Presentation Excellence Award in May 2013, and an amazing crowd reaction to my global warming theory at the World Future Society in July 2013. In 2015 I was featured speaker in Hiroshima on the seventieth anniversary month of August 2015 Psychology of Empire, and invited on the PRESDA advisory board, peer reviewing other papers for that conference. This year two people nominated me for the Nobel Peace Prize by the February 1, 2016 deadline. They are actively vetting me. The choice is finalized and announced on Friday, October 7, 2016 at 11am Norway time.
NINE AREAS OF MASTERY: (without which Peace Economics and Global Warming theories would have been impossible)
9) Natural Global Warming my ninth. Used Oakridge Tennessee Trends Ninety book on warming statistics and other sources to develop Natural Global Warming paper May 7, 1991. Pinatuba volcanic eruption my first proof, June 16, 1991. Currently the only explanation for 15 year climate warming pause. Used Maxwell Taylors work to connect warming to slow economy. Klyashtorins work and my chart of 56 events prove the 54 year cycle in temperature, weather, economics, and war. 20 exact year events with 1.5 year average error for all 56 events.
8) Peace Economics my eighth, discovered Ruth Sivards work while working three State of Oregon legislative sessions as an intern and lobbyist. Became monthly columnist for Oregon Peaceworker, asked to write a statement by Congressman DeFazio, later president of Progressive Caucus. One ex-congressman in Eugene audience called Paul Samuelson to ask about my ideas. Wrote books Peace Economics in 1986, Strength Through Peace in 1989 and Real Economy in 1999. 69,000 views of 134 press releases on Expertclick.com from October 2013 to July 2016. Reached top 3% on academia.edu in 2014 and 2016, 3000 views in last thirty months. About fifty major presentations in my career, half since 2006, about 80% academic. Of 13 key correlations, 8 over .99.
7) Politics my seventh, five years Congressional District Chair and on the Executive Committee of the Democratic Party of Oregon, national convention delegate in 1984 and Electoral College nominee in 1984. I Escorted Gary Hart and Gerry Ferraro through crowd in 1984, on stage with Jesse Jackson in 1987 and Clinton in 1992, invited to Clinton Inauguration in 1993. Thirteen years Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Oregon, 1980-1993.
6) Business my sixth, as an MBA CPA, I was president of two dry cleaning companies with 11 stores for thirteen years ending 2011 when last stores sold. Business manager for one governors race in State of Oregon 1982.
5) Accounting my fifth, I have been a 22 year Certified Public Accountant, following in my fathers footsteps. Certified December 13, 1995.
4) Engineering my fourth, I asked for the toughest four year program at UW Madison, and graduated from the 3rd ranked national electrical engineering program, in the top fourth of my class making four honor societies.
3) Science my third, I won the Rennselaer Polytechnic Award as best in my class in Science and Math in the leading Catholic College Prep High School in Madison, Wisconsin: Edgewood.
2) War Gaming my second, I was the highest ranking wargamer twice as far above the average as the second highest score in the International Federation of Wargaming. I met and defeated Gary Gygax, the inventor of Dungeons and Dragons. We both wrote articles for wargaming magazines, Gary more than me. For ten years I averaged 15 hours a day wargaming, started and quadrupled the Madison Wargaming Convention in four years.
1) Math is my first mastery and love, four way tie for the highest MAA high school contest in State of Wisconsin. I developed the Pythagorean formula, the Trapezoidal rule, and the Binomial expansion formula, before being taught those things, usually the prior summer.